Saturday, March 20, 2010

Alli Athletic?




Spring is finally here, and an ebullient mood radiates through the hallways. The weather's gorgeous, and I can't believe that I am almost finished with my junior year of high school. I'm positive that this weather has somehow affected my brain; it has lead me to join Spring Track.


Why I actually decided to attempt running track is beyond me. I am extremely maladroit when I run, and I'm completely out of shape. Since I've started, I've gained behemoth bruises on my legs, along with swollen knees and ankles. Despite my physical pain though, I've found that this daily exercise has given me a new vivacious energy and zest to get into great physical shape.


I know what you're thinking, "How could Alli possibly have joined track, without feeling intimidated by its cult-like appearance?!". Yes I know that to the naked eye, the track team seems extremely intense; but as a newcomer, I felt immediately welcomed into the track family. Though at times I feel stressed at practice (due to my lack of running skill), it is never hard to keep my sang-froid. Every member of the team is extremely supportive, and I never have to worry about being judged.


Although I've only just gotten into running, I know that it will remain an important part of my health regimen for the rest of my life. I love the way it makes me feel, and joining track has given me a newfound appreciation for the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment